Friday, February 16, 2007

The Upside of Free Music Downloads

Do you know the most expensive part of having an MP3 player? The music, of course. My 4GB iPod Nano cost me $249(it's the first generation), but downloading 1,000 songs for it would cost nearly $1,000 at the iTunes store. I've saved some money by ripping my own CDs and loading some of that music, but I don't have that many CDs that I want to listen to regularly.

What's a budget minded music fan to do? Why, check out eMusic's FREE Daily Download! Every day there is a free track there for the taking. No registration required, no credit card, no obligation of any kind. It's been a great way for me to hear some artists that I never would have picked out of the CD rack or looked for online. And yes, eMusic's tracks work just fine on my iPod. When I download the songs I set the download manager to open the file with iTunes. From there I can add it to my iPod or just listen on my computer. I can even burn CDs and/or move the songs to as many MP3 players and computers as I want.

Today's free song is "Downside of Love" by Adrienne Pierce. She has a beautiful, clear voice and an easy style, sort of a mix of pop and dance. Give it a listen and see if you've discovered something you like. If so, maybe you'd like more from Adrienne Pierce. If so, why not sign up for a free trial from eMusic. Get 25 FREE Music Downloads for your iPod® or any MP3 player! You and your wallet will be glad you did.

No comments: